Introduction about Notepad++
Notepad++ is a text editor and source code editor for use with Microsoft Windows. It supports tabbed editing, which allows working with multiple open files in a single window. The project’s name comes from the C increment operator. Notepad++ is distributed as free software.
Features of Notepad++
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting and Folding: screenshot 1, screenshot 2, screenshot 3 and screenshot 4
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expression) Search/Replace
- GUI entirely customizable: minimalist, tab with close button, multi-line tab, vertical tab and vertical document list
- Document Map
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
- Multi-Document (Tab interface)
- WYSIWYG (Printing)
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Macro recording and playback
- Launch with different arguments
- Plugin for Notepad++ allowing FTP, FTPS, FTPES and SFTP communications.
Step 1 : Install NotePad++
Download Notepad++ from Official Notepad++ Site
Step 2 :Downloading and Install NppFTP Plugin in Notepad++
Download Plugin from Github
How to install a plugin
The plugin (in the DLL form) should be placed in the \plugins subfolder of the Notepad++ Install Folder (Probabaly in C:\Program Files\Notepad++ directory). Configuration files should go in \Plugins\Config. Documentation files should go to \Plugins\Doc\ directory.
These are generic instructions. If the plugin comes with some different procedure, that procedure should be followed instead.
Once you installed the plugin, you can use (and you may configure) it via the menu “Plugins” in Notepad++ software.
Step 3: Connecting to Notepad++ via FTP
- Open Notepad++ and navigate to Plugins -> NppFTP > Show NppFTP Window
- A configuration window will open on the left side. Select the gear icon and click Profile settings
- Select the Add New button in the prompted Notepad++ FTP configuration screen.
- Next, enter the profile name and press OK.
- enter the FTP details located in Step 1.1 in the Connection tab.
- navigate to Transfers tab and configure these values:
- Connection Type: Active
- Transfer Mode: ASCII
- To Save and Finish Press Close
Step 4 : Editing Files on Server and Save
Double Click on the any files on the server and edit whatever changes you want and Click save to the same files or Save us make it as a copy of the files.